Page 1 of 1
Greetings from the Warhammer Wordforge
Posted: 23 Sep 2026, 14:33
by Jay Kirkman
Hey folks! I'm Jay Kirkman, the guy behind the
Warhammer Wordforge blog. Very excited about this year's Conference, and am looking forward to streaming as many presentations as I can squeeze in between my kids' hockey games.
I really love the idea of this, and it would be great to see it continue to thrive and grow.
I covered the Conference a bit
in my most recent Black Library Weekly column as well, so hopefully that helps get the word out!
Re: Greetings from the Warhammer Wordforge
Posted: 24 Sep 2026, 06:49
by Mike
Hi Jay, and welcome to the forum! I spotted your column just the other day. We really appreciate your support!
As you will know, our conference takes place this coming weekend. We stream all of the panels online via Teams and then I upload the videos to our YouTube channel afterwards.
Plans going forward are a bit up in the air at the moment, as we are at something of a transitionary point in our development. What started as a fun idea by myself and Thomas Arnold to try and put Warhammer on the academic map has turned into something far bigger than either of us was expecting. As you may imagine, this isn't something for the faint hearted! I think we'd very much like to take the conference 'on the road' in future, though where we might go yet is anyone's guess. The main reason we have done the first three in Germany is because we were able to host there for free, whereas most universities in the UK (including my own) will charge a fee to host an event. The other challenge we face is how to strike the balance between academia vs general-audience. But I'll say a bit more about that in your other thread
